Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Headache Log : UVSC

I was in my early 20's, holding two jobs (one part time and one full time), and attending UVSC part time.  It didn't matter what OTC I took, or how much of it I took, or what combination of them I took, nothing gave me any relief.   I honestly can't remember how long it went on ... months definitely, but maybe even years.  Some days were certainly better than others.  Some days I was functional and others I wasn't.  I don't even remember when it all started.  There just came to be a day when I no longer knew or remembered what it felt like to be pain free.  And I finally reached a point where they just became such a part of my life that I started to believe that they were normal.  It wasn't until Justin said one day, "It is not normal to have a headache all the time." that I realized something may not be right.
It seems absolutely ridiculous to me now and I'm sure it seems absolutely ridiculous to all of you, but at the time the thought had not occurred to me that other people's heads didn't hurt constantly and persistently as well.  It had not occurred to me, at least for a few years, that something might actually be wrong with me.  I had lived with this pain for so long that it just become a part of me.  It had become normal to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment