Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Headache Log : Groupon

Ok, so you all know now (all two of you out there who follow this blog - hehe) that I have looked into injecting Botox into a few nerves to find out if that will help with my migraines. 
For more info click here ......  http://alifeofpayne.blogspot.com/2011/03/headache-log-plastic-surgery.html
The doctor's visit itself is covered by insurance, but the actual Botox is not, so I have to pay for the Botox out of pocket.  $10 per unit.  Each injection is 33 units so $330 per nerve. 

I don't know if you are familiar with Groupon or not, but it's a daily coupon offer.  Today's featured coupon is for Botox.  50% off Botox.  Of course, Justin was all over that - save money on the injection! 

What the heck, I call the place that's offering the coupon.  Ask if they do plastic surgery there.  They do not.  Already I'm suspicious that they aren't going to be able to help me.  But I explain the situation to the girl on the other end of the line and she says that she'll need to ask the doctor.  She puts me on hold and when she comes back explains that they can't help me, but that the doctor suggests I see a urologist. 
Really?  A UROLOGIST?  I think you misunderstood the doctor, sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment