Friday, March 25, 2011

Headache Log : Rose Clinic

So yesterday I went to the Rose Clinic and met with Dr. Rose.  He's the plastic surgeon who does the Botox injections into the nerves to find out if that's the cause of the migraines and then does surgery to relieve the pressure on those nerves and thus relieve the pain.

http://alifeofpayne.blogspot.com/2011/03/headache-log-plastic-surgery.html

He cleared up a lot of questions and concerns I had.  That's not to say that I don't still have a few questions and concerns.  The stabbing pain I get behind my eyes appears to be the result of one of three branches of the trigeminal nerve.  And, of course, the pain in the back of my head is my occipital nerve.  He explained what surgery is performed with each nerve.  I feel a little better about going under the knife if that is, in fact, the route I take. 
He offered me an injection on the spot, but I declined.  I explained that I want to wait and see what results I get back from the cardiologist and the MRA on my neck first.  Also, even though I don't want to be on preventative medication for the rest of my life (or any medication at all!), I'd like to see if the Cymbalta is EVER going to start working.  Two weeks in and I feel no difference yet.

So I may be following up with Dr. Rose in a month.

Of course, I had not been gone from his office more than 20 minutes when the pain intensified and I was wishing I had just gone ahead and gotten a shot.  Just one little tiny shot.   :(

No comments:

Post a Comment