Thursday, March 10, 2011

Headache Log : InstaCare

Again I suffer from one of the worst "migraines" of my life.  I have no prescription painkillers or migraine medications besides my once daily preventative.  So when one hits my only action is ibuprofen, Excedrin, Aleve, OTC pain relievers.  They won't even touch this level of pain.  All I can do is curl up in a ball and cry.  Justin drives me to an InstaCare.  The kind doctor there gives me two shots - one for nausea and one for the pain.  At the time it doesn't occur to me to tell him I'm not suffering from nausea.  Maybe the shot for the pain induces nausea?  Who am I to question a doctor?  Doctors know best.

One or both of the shots completely knocks me out.  I sleep for a few hours.  I wake up in just as much pain as I went to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment