Thursday, March 24, 2011

Headache Log : Blood & MRI Results

Vitamin D levels are fine.

MRI......not so fine.  There was a white spot.  It's on the right side of my brain either on the back of my frontal lobe or the front of my temporal lobe - kind of hard to tell exactly which lobe it's on.  Nothing to be TOO concerned about Paula the PA tells me.  It's a "non-specific white spot".  These things are common in migraine sufferers. 

She warns me that if I google it I'll find all sorts of scary things about white spots being an indication that I have Multiple Sclerosis, but the radiologist doesn't believe there's any reason for us to be concerned about that.
Multiple Sclerosis - even though she said I don't need to be concerned I can't help the shiver that just went through me at the sound of those words.

She also wants to run more tests.  She wants to make sure I'm not susceptible to a stroke.  This is another word that causes me to shiver. 

1 comment:

  1. That is crazy! Sheesh. It gives me the shivers too. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete