Saturday, March 12, 2011

Headache Log : Plastic Surgery

Ok, so the young doctor may have been a mistake - I was getting desperate (not desperate enough for the ER, but pretty desperate).  

However, I'm feeling good about the neurologist.  I know I just picked him out of the phone book, and maybe it's desperation talking again, but I think I have a good feeling about him.  Hope springs eternal, right? 

Also I just found a plastic surgeon in Provo who does Botox injections for migraine treatment and I'm really excited about it.  I had ran across him before, but I sort of ignored him.  Then I learned he does migraine surgery as well so I started looking into him more.  The Botox is just to determine which nerves are the cause of the pain so he knows which one(s) he needs to do surgery on. 
I still need a lot more information on him, sounds like the surgery may be different than what the Midwest Doctor does, and I have a consultation with him later this month.  Possibly even some Botox injections if he/we/I can identify which nerves he/we/I are pretty sure are the problem.  Oh yeah, I've got this one!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Maria. That is just terrible. I had no idea that you were deal with this kind of stuff. So sorry. I sometimes get migraines around my monthly visitor, and it sucks. I'm out of commission and can't function. I can only begin to imagine what it would be like to have a constant one, day in and day out. And look at the trooper you are, going to school and everything. You're amazing. Simply amazing!

    Hang in there! Loves!

    ReplyDelete