Thursday, March 10, 2011

Headache Log : The 10 Day Headache

After a 10 day headache in which I could get absolutely no relief from any OTC I decided to give in and go to the doctor.  And the day I made the call the headache was unbearable.  My doctor was on vacation.  I was NOT about to wait for him to come back.  But his partner could see me that afternoon.  I didn't care - I just wanted a doctor.  
So I go in to see Dr. Peterson and he wants to give me shots.  I tell him I've had shots once before and I didn't like them.  I explain what happened at the InstaCare.  Dr. Peterson assures me this is a different shot.  And in addition to the shot, he'd like to give me a prescription to a painkiller.  I get the shot, which I am told will take about 30 minutes to take effect.  Then in about 4 hours I can take 2 of the prescription pills, if needed. 
The shot never takes effect. 
The prescription pills makes it bearable and they make me sleep, and that's good enough for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment