Thursday, March 10, 2011

Headache Log : Fioricet Hangover

Did I say there was no such thing as a Fioricet hangover?  Umm... yeah .... I was kind of wrong.  It's referred to as a rebound headache.

In a perfect world the first dose of Fioricet gets rid of the migraine and makes me nice and relaxed.  (Much like a first martini.)  Maybe even a little giggly.  And of course in this perfect world there's no need for the second dose that would put me into the drunken state of slurred speech, tripping over myself, and difficulty putting thoughts together.  

In an imperfect world (and this is an imperfect world) it usually works a little more like this ....
I take the first dose of Fioricet and it doesn't work.  So I take the second dose of Fioricet and that either A) puts me into the fun drunken state or B) doesn't work.  If it doesn't work it will usually at least make me drowsy enough to sleep.  Then I wake up either headache free or with one minor enough I can live with the annoying, nagging pain of it. 

But, life's a bitch so sometimes it works like this ....
I take the first dose of Fioricet and it doesn't work.  So I take the second dose of Fioricet and that one doesn't work either, but by this time I'm drowsy enough to sleep.   I wake up with an awful and nearly unbearable headache so I take more Fioricet. The third day, I still have the horrid headache.  Nothing seems to be working.  But that's not the case at all.  I've just experienced a rebound headache. 

No comments:

Post a Comment