Thursday, March 10, 2011

Headache Log : The Pleasant Side Effect of Fioricet

As I said, all the OTC's I'd been taking had their own side effect, and Fioricet had one too, and it was one I didn't mind so much. 

It was April 2010 and I was on my way to the MDA Conference in Washington, DC.  I woke up with a killer migraine so I took the Fioricet.  Four hours later I woke up on the plane, nearly to my lay-over city of Dallas and my head is still killing me.  I take my second dose of Fioricet.   By the time I arrive in Dallas I am having a good time!  I can't find my terminal.  My speech is slurred.  I can't exactly think straight.  Can barely walk straight.  I have no idea what drunk feels like - I've never been drunk.  Why do people keep asking me how many drinks I had on the plane?  None.  But I had a second dose of Fioricet and it was fabulous!  I pull out that beautiful little bottle and I read the warning label, "may induce feelings of intoxication".  So THIS is what drunk feels like!  It's no wonder people drink!

But guess what everyone....no hangover for me.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment