Friday, March 18, 2011

Headache Log: MRI

Saturday, March 12 I got the MRI done.  I've had one done before, but it was 10 years ago, so I don't exactly remember everything.  I certainly don't remember it being so frickin' loud!  I guess it goes without saying I had a headache :( and the noise from that machine was killing me. 

I had an IV in my left arm and they explained that the contrast was kept at room temperature so it would feel cold in my arm going in.  What they didn't say is that I'd feel it in most of my body.  I freaked for a few seconds.  It hit my face and my face felt like it was going numb.  When it hit my chest I felt as though I couldn't breathe deeply.  When it hit my stomach I thought I was going to throw up.  And when it hit my brain I thought I was going to pass out.  I worried I was having a reaction to it.  I learn later that I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment