Monday, May 23, 2011

Pre-Med Conference

I attended the first annual Intermountain Pre-Med conference this weekend.  I knew that most of the information and topics at the conference would not suit me, but I did see a workshop on Women in Medicine, How to be an Outstanding Applicant, and a presentation on Osteopathic Medicine.  Also, there were a  lot of colleges there who have PT programs that I was not aware of.
What I found most interesting at the conference was all the osteopathic colleges and universities there were there.  It seems there were more of them than more "traditional" (if I may use that term) medical schools. 
I have always been fascinated by osteopathic medicine and in fact, my GI doc and my GYN doc are both DO's.  I tried finding a neurologist who was a DO but to no avail and so ended up with Dr. Reichert instead (who I do respect and know he's doing the best he can for me.) 
I became convinced that I can no longer put off calling Dr. Porter, DO who's practice is in Provo.  I was reluctant about going so far away for a doctor, but clearly the medications aren't working so it's time to get another opinion.
Wish me luck!

1 comment: