Friday, May 20, 2011

Occipital Nerve Block : Day 1

Monday, May 16 I got the Occipital Nerve Block.  It was probably a good day to do it since I'd had some headaches and migraines over the weekend and was having a moderate headache at the time.  Paula pressed on the base of my skull on each side until I told her she had hit the tender spot and then injected the blocker.  Shortly after the injection I felt tightness in my forehead - almost like I had a rubber band around my forehead.  But aside from that everything seemed fine, no faintness or nausea.
I discussed my restlessness and lack of sleep and it was decided that the amitriptyline must not be working and I am being switched to trazodone. 
After the shots I had to go to physical therapy to get a massage and some stretching to help the steriod get into my tissues.  On my short drive there I noticed a lot of pain and tightness in the shoulder area of my right trapezius.  Also sharp pain in my temples and behind my eyes.  The tightness in my forehead continued. 
After PT my shoulder no longer hurt at all - it felt great!  But the pain was still in my temples, behind my eyes, and the pressure and tightness was still in my forehead.

 

1 comment:

  1. What a heck of a treatment when it causes more pain instead of less!!! I'm so sorry sweetheart that you are going through this.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete