Friday, May 20, 2011

Headache Log : Insomnia....Still

I know that Ambien is not really supposed to be taken every single night so I'm trying to be careful with it. I also take my 10 mg pills and cut them in half (sometimes even into quarters).  My first few nights with it I seemed to have slept fairly well, but was still a little tired in the morning.  Fortunately, not groggy or in any sort of drug haze, just still tired.  And tired all day long.  I chalked it up to not being completely caught up on weeks and weeks of restless sleep or no sleep at all. 

I thought that maybe on nights when I had a minor migraine I could sleep it off with the help of the Ambien instead of resorting to heavier medications.  Also, all the OTC's that I take for headaches or migraines just keep me up - and that, I believe, exacerbates the problem.

Well, I'm still getting very little sleep and I'm still exhausted during the day.  I trade off the Ambien with melatonin, but I really shouldn't be taking either every night (and I'm not!)

Tuesday night / Wednesday morning was a bad night.  I was up about half the night with a migraine.  So I decided to get to bed early tonight and to take Ambien.  I took the Ambien at 9PM and by 9:45PM I still wasn't very tired, but I didn't have TOO much trouble FINALLY falling asleep shortly after 10PM.    However, I was wide awake at 3:30AM.  And exhausted with a headache this morning.

I guess I'll try a higher dose next time - maybe the whole pill :(

No comments:

Post a Comment