Friday, May 20, 2011

Occipital Nerve Block : Day 2

I didn't get much sleep Tuesday night as I had chemistry lab until 10.  Felt quite tired all day as a result.

By afternoon I had a serious headache.  I took excedrin early but it offered me no relief.  As I analyzed the pain and areas of pain I noticed that it was both stabbing and throbbing pains and it was all in my jaw, temples, side of my head (in front of my ears), top of my head, forehead, and behind my eyes.  No pain in the occipital area (back of my head).  Interesting! 
It finally occured to me that I was having a migraine, it just didn't feel like my usual migraines because of the nerve block to my occipital area. 

So nerve block not entirely pointless, but clearly I need other areas injected as well. 

Took fioricet later in the afternoon.  It helped take the edge off.  Unfortunately, I am running dangerously low on it.  Which I guess I shouldn't be too upset about since it isn't helping as much as it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment