Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Falling Apart? Or Bad Week?

It all started with the wonderful, and yet painful, massage on Tuesday.  I was sore for several days after that.  Then the severe chest pains on Wednesday morning that had me thinking I may need to run to the hospital. 
To make matters worse, I had a little fall Thursday morning.  (I lost my balance while sitting on the counter in the bathroom.  Are you finished laughing yet?)  The fall hurt my hip (where I landed), my shoulder (which hit a small cabinet I have in my bathroom), my foot (which hit against the side of the door on my way down), my lower back, (I guess from the jarring landing I made), and my wrist (which I can only assume I tweaked while trying to catch myself and soften the blow). 
I'm off the Cymbalta, which was making me sick and is now REALLY making me sick - I'll discuss that in a minute. 
The Trazodone which is supposed to help me sleep is not really working any longer.  And besides that, the side effects of the trazodone add to my inability to sleep.  The side effects are congestion and dry mouth.  So as soon as I lay down I begin to feel congested so I can't breathe through my nose anymore.  And then it causes dry mouth which is exponentially worsened by the fact that I have to breathe through my mouth.  The final and most exciting side effect is the blurred vision.  So when I can't sleep, I can't do anything else, because I can't really see.
Then to top it all off - I think I sprained my pinky toe Monday night.
So now I hurt everywhere and feel like I am just falling apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment