Friday, December 30, 2016

Sleep Apnea

July 2015 - Tizanidine.  No effect.

September 2015 - Venlafaxine ER.  No effect.  Odd side effect though, I would wake in the morning or middle of the night and feel like I could barely breath, like my throat was thick and sort of numb. My doctor said this is a side effect people with sleep apnea experience so she recommended a consult with another neurologist who specializes in sleep disorders including sleep apnea.

January 2016 - Seroquel.  No effect.

Also in January I had my consult with the sleep disorder neurologist.  He said, based on the way I answered several questions, he was certain I didn't have sleep apnea.  However, because of all the scary health consequences of untreated sleep apnea, I decided to do the overnight test and be 100% certain I didn't have it.  Plus, I could check off that box as a possible contributor.

Well, turns out I DO have sleep apnea.  I woke, on average, 22 times per hour.  Geez!  No wonder I was exhausted all the time!


February 2016 - Hydroxyzine.  No effect and it had a side effect, it make me very depressed.  I stopped taking this in May 2016.

May 2016 I stopped taking Hydroxyzine and didn't go on anything new at this time.  Just pursuing the sleep apnea issue to see if it's the cause.

After I was put on a CPAP machine I began having so much more energy.  But after several months of using it and even adjusting the pressure, the headaches didn't get any better.



No comments:

Post a Comment