Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Qudexy XR

April 2015
Oxcarbazepine is clearly not working.  In the last 3 months I've had 8 days without a headache and an increase in the number of migraines.  I need to slowly back off of Oxcarbazepine and then I can try Qudexy.  I'm nervous because of the known side effects of the other medications that are similar, but I need relief! I don't know which is worse, the side effects or the headaches.  When I am not having daily headaches I think the side effects are unbearable and that I'd rather have headaches since my functioning is being impaired anyway. But when I'm having daily headaches my functioning is being impaired to the point that I think I'd rather have the side effects. 
This stuff is supposed to be formulated in such a way that it prevents the side effects.  Lots of people who couldn't use Topomax or Trokendi because of the side effects are saying they don't have any side effects on Qudexy.  I'm trying to remain hopeful.  I know there are still plenty of medications and treatments out there .... I've just got to find the right one or the right combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment