Friday, December 30, 2016

Splints

One week post-op I go back to see Dr. Rose and I'm so excited to get the splints out of my nose!  I can't breathe with them in there and they are so uncomfortable.  Imagine the worst congestion ever and nothing relieves it and you can't blow your nose at all!

Dr. Rose informs me that the bone spur had torn some of the tissue inside my sinuses and he had to use some of the cartilage he removed during the septoplasty to repair the tear.  Because of this, the splints have to stay in an extra week.  I nearly cried.

I go back in two weeks post-op and finally get the suckers removed.  Dr. Rose said it would feel like he was pulling my brains out through my nose when he pulled the splints out and he wasn't kidding!

And look at the size of those things!  I don't think I realized there was that much room inside my nose.



But oh my goodness I can breathe!



No comments:

Post a Comment