Friday, December 30, 2016

Septoplasty

September 9, 2016 I had my septum corrected and the bone spur removed.  I read that the first 24 hours are the worst and I can attest to how true that is.  I was also told that I'd probably feel fine enough to go back to work after 3 or 4 days, but that most people don't because of the bruising.  Since my time of was going to be unpaid I planned to swallow my pride and return to work as soon as I felt well enough - bruises be damned.
I googled what the bruising would look like and when I could expect to return.  And then I waited for the bruises to come on.


Ok, so I'm sort of drugged Day 1, as you can clearly see.  Day 2 I'm still fairly drugged.  Day 3 is good.  But where are the bruises?

I don't know if I'm an anomaly or if  it's because I went to a plastic surgeon instead of an ENT, but I never got a single bruise.

And I didn't feel better after 3 or 4 days.  While the first 24 hours were certainly the worst, I had a migraine every day for 6 days.  

The doctor said I won't experience any headache or migraine relief for 1-3 months because of the inflammation.   

No comments:

Post a Comment