Friday, December 30, 2016

Botox with the Plastic Surgeon

So in July 2016 I go visit the plastic surgeon who does migraine surgery  (Dr. Kevin Rose of the Rose Clinic in Provo, UT).  Armed with the information that I have a deviated septum and that the only nerve block that has had any measure of success at all is the SPG block (sphenopalatine ganglion) I feel we can narrow down the possible culprits much easier than before.  I get his Botox injections, deeper and concentrated in very specific areas.  We inject above both eyebrows and in both temples.  And then we wait.

In the meantime, I am to get a CT scan of my nasal septum and sinuses.

The botox injections haven't reduced my headache days, but this time they have allowed me to hone in on the headaches and their origin a little better.  They most often originate behind my left eye.  But if my septum is deviated towards the right side then why are my headaches starting behind my left eye?

I follow-up with Dr. Rose and see the images from the CT scan.  I have a bone spur on the left side of my septum deep inside in my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment