Monday, April 4, 2011

Physical Therapy ..... One Month In

So this morning was my 7th PT session.  I can't exactly tell if it's working or not.  But I figure as long as it doesn't hurt me, I'll give it time.  My PT says that it's around week 3 that you start to see a difference.  I've seen a slight difference in the intensity of my headaches (knock on wood).  It seems every time I say things are looking up I get a horrible one.   And I have a moderately bad one right this moment.  But is it the PT or the Cymbalta finally kicking in? 
I had some issues with my neck, shoulders, and upper back.  A lot of tightness and tension there.  And a very painful knot on the right side of my neck, just at the base of my skull.   My shoulders still seem really tight and my neck still hurts on occasion, but the painful knot is gone!  So definitely seeing some improvement!  My PT said that he is noticing increased flexibility with my neck as well. 
It's also fun to talk to my PT because he knows that's what I want to be someday.  He knows I've taken anatomy and am currently taking physiology so he uses the proper terms with me.  I enjoy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment