Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Headache Log : Good Week?

Last week I "graduated" from physical therapy.  Last week I also broke a trend.  Last Tuesday was the first day since February 14 that I was headache free.  And then headache free again on Wednesday, I just couldn't believe my luck!  I had one on Thursday, but it was moderate.  So when I went to PT Friday morning I could happily report that things appeared to be getting better.  I was released and welcomed to call and/or come back if I ever needed to.    (I was also invited to shadow Tyler, my PT - AWESOME!!! - this is essential for grad school!)
I went in to the weekend feeling pretty good.  But late Saturday morning a migraine started coming on.  It didn't hit fast and hard it just slowly built up.  I made it to dinner with a girlfriend and we went shopping after that, but the music in the mall was bothering me and every smell irritated me as well.  Regardless of that, it was nice to have a friend with me to distract me.
By the time I got home Saturday it was pretty bad.  I didn't sleep all night.  I took fioricet around 2am which usually knocks me out.  It did nothing at all - no help with the pain, no drowsiness, not even the fun buzzed/drunk feeling I sometimes get.  Finally around 5am I started to doze.  I slept until 7:30am.  When I woke my head hurt even worse and I felt wide awake (go figure) so I took Tramadol.  THAT knocked me out!  I slept again until 11am.  I woke with the little tendrils of the migraine massaging my brain.  And by late afternoon it was another full blown migraine.  
Monday morning started out with a light, irritating sort of headache, but it progressively got worse as the day wore on. 
Was last week a turning of the tides?  Or just a fluke?

No comments:

Post a Comment