Thursday, April 28, 2011

Headache Log : Insomnia

You heard in my last post that I didn't get to sleep until about 5AM as a result of .... the migraine?  Maybe some emotional things contributed as well.  I don't know any more at this point.  This is not the first time I've had insomnia.  At the beginning of the month I was so upset by a chemistry test that I didn't sleep until 4AM.  Ended up calling in sick the next day just so I could sleep. 
I used to be the type of sleeper who was out before my head hit the pillow.  I'd wake once in the middle of the night to potty and then two or three minutes before my alarm was set to go off in the morning I'd be wide awake!
Now, I lay in my bed and toss and turn for 30 minutes to an hour.  Once I fall asleep (IF I fall asleep) I wake every hour and half or so and it takes several more minutes to an hour to fall back to sleep.  When my alarm goes off in the morning I hit snooze 3 or 4 times before I am finally able to drag myself out of bed.  And then I am exhausted all day long.  To make matters worse, if the tiniest thing is bothering me or upsetting me, I don't sleep at all. 
UGH!  What's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment