Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Trazodone Side Effects

One of the side effects of Cymbalta is insomnia.  So to counter that the doctor prescribed another medicine that is a known migraine preventative that has the side effect of sleepiness (amitryptalin).  Unfortunately not only did the amitryptalin not make me the least bit tired, it seemed to have absolutely no effect on my insomnia.  So then the doctor had me try trazodol instead of amitryptalin.  Trazodone is also know to prevent migraines and has the side effect of making a person very sleepy,  Well, it seemed, at least initially, to be making me sleepy.  However, some of the other side effects of trazodone were not so pleasant.  It gave me horrible dry mouth and congestion (only when lying down).  And I'd only experience these side-effects the first 6-8 hours after taking the pill.  I couldn't breathe.  Yes, it would make me sleepy, but then because of my difficulty breathing I couldn't sleep.  It seemed to stop even making me tired after a few weeks and it wasn't preventing any migraines either. 
So I went off that one, too. 

P.S. The pharamcist told me that it only makes you tired for a few weeks and then your body seems to adjust to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment