Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Migraine: Information

Some people seem to have misconceptions about migraines and some seem to have misconceptions about Botox.  I want to clear a few things up.  I'm sad to say that I know more about Botox than I do about migraines, but what I've also discovered is that no one really seems to know an awful lot about migraines as they are very complicated.  They can be very different from one person to the next and their cause seems to also vary considerably from one person to the next. 
One cause of migraines for some people is neuralgia (that's a fancy way to say nerve pain).  Certain muscles in the forehead, temple, neck, and base of the skull tighten and pinch or aggravate the nerve.  As I mentioned before, I have sometimes suspected that my migraines were more this type than those caused by vasoconstriction or vasodilation.
So there you go.  Why is it so difficult to treat migraines?  Because no one knows the true cause of them - at least not from one person to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment