Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Injections

I got a very happy and welcome phone call on Wednesday, June 1.  My insurance company had accepted my appeal (or rather my neurologists) to be a candidate for Botox injections to relieve my migraines. 
When I went in for my appointment on Thursday I was given 31 injections of Botox.  7 in my forehead, 5 in each temple, 3 around each occipital nerve, and then 4 down each side of my trapezius muscles.  The needle was tiny and I could barely feel it go into my skin, but once the injection happened it got to be a bit painful.
It's not supposed to start working for about 24 hours so I didn't expect any immediate effect.  I do want to note that I was the first ever Botox patient of this neurologist and his entire neurological office.  But regardless of that, I think he was great. 
He told me about a few side-effects.  Redness, swelling at injection site, and droopy eyebrows. 
I can happily say that I experienced none of those side effects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment