Tuesday, June 7, 2011

So far....

I think the Cymbalta withdrawals are finally starting to subside a bit. I feel normal often.  Not necessarily more often than not, but, baby steps.  I'm very rarely nauseous anymore.  The vertigo or dizziness thing isn't quite gone.  I still experience it from time to time, but it seems to be happening much less often.
The Botox ..... I'm afraid that it may be too early to tell.  Friday night I had a migraine.  Saturday day and into the night I had a migraine.  Sunday I had a headache that turned into a migraine overnight. 
I know that in some people the Botox will make their migraines go away completely, but in others it just decreases severity or frequency.  At this point it's just too early to tell really.

Oh, and my cute neurologist (who doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humor) called me Monday to check on me.  When I told him about my weekend he said that unfortunately it does take from 24 hours to 2 weeks to start working.  But he asked about side-effects and I said that I hadn't experienced any.  However, I there was one side-effect that I was really hoping for.  He put one shot right in between my eyes and I still happen to have quite the little "crinkle" there from scowling so much.  (I'm ornery as hell, I can't help it. Those years of endless scowls and dirty looks are taking a toll on my face.)  Well, I was joking with him, but as I mentioned he doesn't have much of a sense of humor.  He said when you come back for your second injection in a few months remind me about that little crinkle and we'll put extra there. 
Really?
He said, yes, your insurance covers a certain number of treatments, and an over all amount, but that's all.  I'll have more than enough to cover your regular injections and still ut a little extra in that spot.   :)  He's great.                               

No comments:

Post a Comment